The MAZE is an evangelistic event that we were able to bring to Cal State Fullerton at the end of February. Jim Monroe is an illusionist, but he is also a survivor of leukemia and a follower of Jesus. Jim has powerfully taken his skill of creating illusions, his story of surviving cancer, and his spiritual journey with Jesus and packaged it in a way that is powerfully reaching college students with the gospel.
Our staff and students spent weeks publicizing this event, visiting Greek houses, sports teams and putting fliers up all over campus. Matt was overseeing all of the operations for the night and when he opened the doors, 650 students streamed into the auditorium. Some students had to wait outside to see if people would leave during the intermission.
After an amazing show of illusions, Jim said that for his second act he was going to include his life story of surviving cancer and his spiritual journey from being an atheist to following Jesus. People were free to leave if they did not want to hear more. Only about 30 students left, allowing 30 more to come in to hear a clear presentation of the gospel.
At the end of the time, students filled out comment cards, and 47 students indicated that they made a decision to follow Jesus that night. Our team is currently following up with each student to get them plugged into a church, small group and discipleship relationship.
• Pray that these 47 students will want to grow in their faith and get plugged in.
• Pray for a safe delivery of our baby girl on March 30th. Holly will have a c-section.
• Pray for Carter’s transition with a new sister and having less of our time, energy and attention.
• Pray for a quick recovery for Holly, so that she can climb our house stairs and carry the baby.
• Pray for Matt as he balances new family dynamics and ministry.
Thank you so much for your prayers for us, this ministry and for lives to be changed with the gospel. Your partnership IS making a difference!
Matt, Holly & Carter Melton